Our client, a leading Global solar developer, is seeking a Head of Grid Connections to join their team in the UK.
In an integral role for the success of their project developments, the chosen candidate will be responsible for managing the application process and achieving grid connections for solar projects in the UK, as well as managing key relationships with DNO/TSO contacts. They will also have a strong understanding of the grid connection process, and will have existing relationships with distribution and transmission agencies in the UK.
- During the project development phase, identify elements that may influence or be influenced by the grid connection.
- Support Construction department during the life of the project with technical assistance.
- Develop and maintain contacts with stakeholders within United Kingdom DNO/TSO agencies.
- With respect to construction of the grid connection and the authorisation process, perform due diligence on DNO/TSO agencies during acquisition processes.
- Liase with Engineering and Development teams during acquisition, with relation to issues concerning the grid connection.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Technical knowledge of UK Distribution Network Operator and Transmission Network Service Provider levels.
- Good understanding of the grid connection process and grid offer negotiations across the UK.</span
- Direct contacts with distribution and transmission agencies in the UK.
- Solid background on grid code and grid connection regulatory compliance.