Our client, a leading Global solar developer, is seeking a Senior Business Development Manager to join their team in Italy.
In an instrumental role for the growth of the business, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the technical and commercial development of greenfield and brownfield projects. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of renewable energy project development and financing processes, with expertise in the Italian solar PV industry.
- Manage substantial pipeline within Italy from beginning through to close.
- Organise and lead internal specialist teams to execute projects, including Technical, Legal and Planning.
- Support team in all BD activities as required, including land negotiations, permitting, Distribution Network Operator offers and Power Purchase Agreements.
- Identify new business opportunities.
- Prepare and run financial models to assess project returns and draft non-binding offers.
- Fluent in Italian and English.
- Minimum 9 years’ experience in renewable energy business/project development for Italian market.
- User-level financial modelling.
- Experience in Project Financing and/or Mergers & Acquisitions of renewable energy projects.
- Bachelors and Postgraduate degree in a related discipline.